27 March, 2007

The housing situation etc.

I haven't really posted a housing update in quite awhile, sort of left it hanging while I was concentrating on Onnolee. All of her paperwork is now in Guatemala, and now we have entered the waiting game...
So for the house... 2 weeks ago we were given permission to move in and a verbal approval from the lender, so we filled the biggest U-Haul TWICE with all of our stuff, and still managed to leave a few things behind. It took 3 days just to load and unload the truck plus a lot of sweat to clean up the old place. Right in the middle of it all, my body decided it was time for a kidney stone attack, just to add interest and more stress.
Last week we got written approval from at least one bank so now we wait anxiously for a closing date. We are about 1/2 unpacked, still living among the boxes, but we love the house and look forward to spending a loooonnnnng time there, as none of us wants to move ever again! I will feel a lot better, however, when we officially close and can say, finally, that it is "ours".

1 comment:

  1. I am still unpacking in my house, and it is going on 3 years since I moved in here, ugh!! too much junk

    ReplyDelete