20 March, 2010

First month in Boise

Wow, a whole month has gone by! We started out by all getting terribly sick with colds/sinus infection when we first got here. That took about 2 weeks to pass through, but mean time I started my new job (sick). Because of the sickness and general chaos, we are still unpacking! So much fun. My new job is great so far, but I can honestly say that rather than stay in the float pool, I am thinking once my trial period is up I am going to probably choose a permanent floor to work on. Stew has been back and forth to Salt Lake several times already, and just headed back today to pick up Mom, who is going to come stay with us for awhile. Someday soon, I hope to post some updated pics.
Stew and I have also been busy with our Master's classes in mental health counseling in our spare time...ha.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you the other day. Glad you've updated....We ourselves have tinkered with the idea of moving to ID, but so Far Wilfred's job is too good to leave.

    Thinking and praying of and for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things Lou left out of her blog. On one of my trips between NM and Idaho I messed up my truck and the trailer I was towing. My truck is back after several weeks of getting things fixed and getting my work with it done. Great bunch of people at the body shop. Now as to the trailer that is a total different matter still not done, still no idea when it will be done.
    Working on my masters degree is becoming almost a full time job with the work they want us to do.
    I have got my records transferred from one VA center to the one here in Idaho which means I now have a doctor to go to next time I get sick.
    Still have way to many boxes to unload until I know what and were my stuff is and we haven't found some of the kitchen stuff. Who knows what box it is in or where. Moving is such great fun.
    My arthritis is driving me nuts with all the increase in moisture and can't wait for my body to adjust to the climate here and to get some medicine to deal with the increased pain.
    Life is just one big roller coaster sometimes your up and sometimes your are down, just don't like doing it every few minutes all day and night long. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking on your progress now! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you guys doing?? We haven't heard from you in a long time :)
    We are doing well with our adoption!! It is about 2 months until we travel to get Lacie :) We are excited. I hope Mattea is doing well.
    Love,
    Haylee Adamson (Traci Adamson's daughter)

    ReplyDelete