20 March, 2008

One foot in front of the other...

I haven't felt much like blogging for the past few weeks but I figured I'd better check in...
Breanna's funeral was perfect, as far as funerals go. She looked like a little angel. They fixed her hair up pretty and even painted her fingernails, and she was dressed in a pretty white dress that her sister Serena brought from Salt Lake. Many of our friends were able to come, including people from church, work and the kids' school, people who knew Breanna and people who came to help hold us up.
Serena and granddaughter Ava came down from Utah to spend several days with us.
Breanna lies in a section of the cemetery named the "Garden of Angels" where she is surrounded by other babies and children. I found this very comforting; it sounded like the perfect place for her to be.
I think I am doing okay, as well as can be expected. Life goes on, the babies keep us laughing, and the house keeps us busy cleaning and remodeling, but in the quiet moments I think of her, and I miss her laughter.






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting. I have been thinking about you. I am glad you are doing ok,it is hard, I know as we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary of Isaiah's passing. BUT I choose to look at it as the 1 year celebration of him being with Jesus. Take care of yourself,
    Kim Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other kids and life keep you busy, you go through the motions, the blow softens, but is never forgotten. I'm sorry, it must hurt so much.

    The picture of Bre you chose to post of her in memoriam reminds me of how beautiful she was, how wonderful it was to see her in that blissful moment.

    Thank you so much for finding me again and letting me be a part of your lives.

    ReplyDelete