26 April, 2009

It's reaallly bothering me.........

Mattea's health has been on my mind. She has little things like her tonsils and her ears that need fixed, and for her they are fixable. SO WHY AREN'T THEY FIXING THEM??? And her heart...the docs are all refusing to repair it because of her pulmonary hypertenson. If she was six years old with an unrepaired AV canal, and severe pulmonary hypertension AND SHE DID NOT have Down Syndrome, she'd be on a heart-lung transplant list somewhere. IS SHE LESS WORTHY than any other child??? To us she is priceless. WHY WON'T THEY HELP HER???

8 comments:

  1. We will be praying for Mattea and your family....God is so much bigger than the obstacles in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and for Mattea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to add...my sister in law is a heart surgeon in Australia. I am not even sure of this might be helpful, but she has done a lot of research and I am wondering....do you have info about Mattea we can email her and see what her take on it is?

    My email is calidutchtreat@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, "Journey", I emailed you privately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand that at all! Why in the world does the fact that she was born with Down Syndrome make her unworthy of a heart/lung transplant?!?!?! That just plain stinks! And I'm "hopping mad" about it.

    Kristin (from RR)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for Mattea. I hope the Dr will take her tonsils and adnoids which is a start and then I hope you can find a Dr to help her with her heart. Is there anything people can do to help get her on a transplant list?

    Brenda (from RR)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou, I don't see your email anywhere....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...I will resend it...

    ReplyDelete