27 June, 2009

Catching up...

If you take the ottoman and flip it upsidedown it becomes a boat. ..
...or a bed...


This boy can sleep anywhere...

Filling Daddy's boots...

I am working on getting updated pics of all the rest of the kids...
It seems anymore there are just not enough hours in the day, and the heatwave of summer has finally hit. I am so tired by the time I sit down, I just haven't been up to keeping this blog up to
date...
The continuing pediatric cardiology saga here in Albuquerque hit its peak this week. We had fired Mattea's assigned cardiologist a few months ago and drove up to Denver to see wonderful Dr. Ivy. Well, our pediatrician convinced us to try one of the other cardiologists on the team so we could alternate between Denver and Albuquerque so we reluctantly agreed. Mattea's sleep study showed severe sleep apnea and they recommended an urgent tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. The ENT docs wanted cardiology to clear her for the surgery, so now we make this appointment with the new, different cardiologist here. So what does the new, different cardiologist tell us, knowing the situation with infamous Dr. L?? She says that either we take the whole team of cardiologists, including Dr. L, or we can go to Denver for her care. So my husband told them we choose Denver. End of that chapter. I guess if she needs emergent cardiology care we will have to take her to the "other" local hospital emergency room and/or life flight her up to Denver. Sheesh...
Next Wednesday we pile into the van and head back up to Salt Lake. Kory is scheduled to check into Shriner's on Sunday afternoon for Monday morning surgery on his leg. We will spend the rest of the week visiting family, and we finally get to meet little (10 pounds already) Alexander. I can't wait to meet him, and to visit with everyone else! We hope to do some fun stuff while we are there, going to a water park and to a children's museum, and hopefully go shopping too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lou,

    Your posts are so entertaining! My name is Erin, and I am a college student with mild cerebral palsy. I’m a special education major and have hopes of becoming a disability services director of a university after graduate school. I have just launched a blog that is still getting started, but with the title “Empowering People and Changing Lives,” I hope that it will provide a wealth of resources for people who care for children, specifically those who are affected by disability. I will also be chronicling some personal experiences and will be sharing some thoughts about those along the way. Your blog has also been included in my blogroll, so I hope that together, we are able to collaborate to provide resources to those who are in similar situations. The blog’s address is http://empowerpeoplechangelives.blogspot.com. From there, you will be able to read the posts I have written, find out all about me, check out my blogroll, eventually look at many resources I have gathered, and contact me.

    Look forward to reading many more of your posts! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Lou didn't say is that only half the family is going to Salt Lake City the other half including dad is staying home. It just the way things are going anymore.

    ReplyDelete