01 June, 2009

MY eyes :o(

I forgot to post about my eye appointment last week prior to our trip to Denver. Last year the eye doc was unwilling to dilate my eyes because I had Estuardo with me and she was worried he would get into too much mischief. This year, I made him stay home with Dad while I went. The vision test didn't go very well compared to last year. Then when she dilated my eyes, she said I have beginning macular degeneration :o(
My Mom has MD also, much more advanced, but she is 90 years old.
So I have been doing research about how to prevent mine from getting any worse, if possible. I am kind of bummed, but sporting new blue-blocker sunglasses and taking lots of anti-oxidants and other nutritional supplements. I'll do what I can. I don't want to go blind, I just bought me that really cool new sewing machine and I want to get some use out of it... (sigh)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I'm sorry. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom found out a few months ago she has MD and they are doing a lot of treatments on her and she is on ARED vitamins. She goes every month and has gotten a lot of sight back.
    Try calling this place (he is on the top doc list in Maryland) and seeing if they know someone in your area you can try.

    Bert M. Glaser
    National Retina Institute
    901 Dulaney Valley Road,
    Suite 200, Towson
    410-337-4500

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou is accepting things much better now as I have picked on her quite a bit about it. I have to look forward to glaucoma in my later years and who knows what else. We will do all we can to see that she can wear out that new sewing machine if she can't then I will have to learn how to sew so it gets used.

    ReplyDelete