09 September, 2008

Mattea's Heart Quilt

Okay, I am not the best photographer...Here is a full-length photo of Mattea's Heart Quilt. Hiding behind it is my 6 foot 2 inch husband, so it's about that long, I think about 52X72 inches, substantial enough for a nice warm snuggle in your recliner, or perfect for a toddler bed.
Here is the back of the quilt, baby blue "minkee." If you have never felt "minkee" you are in for a treat. It is one of the softest, cuddliest fabrics known to man, kind of a cross between velvet and satin and a cloud.
Here is a close-up of the fabrics I chose. They are a Debbie Mumm print with hearts and flowers, perfect for the theme of "Mattea's Heart Quilt," and a perfect gift for someone you love. I chose the theme of hearts because of the tremendous love we have for this little girl who waits so far away, and also for Mattea's heart that is needing care as soon as we can get her home.
Here is a photo of Mattea's Heart Quilt on my son Estuardo's toddler bed. It is plenty big and also lined with cotton batting, so it is extra warm!
The "chip-in" widget for this quilt is on the right side of the blog. It will be there for two weeks. I am hoping to raise enough money to fund the translation of her dossier. For each $5 donation, your name will be entered into a drawing and one name will be randomly chosen to receive this special quilt of my heart, "Mattea's Heart Quilt."

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Lou, it's really an excellent piece of work! I think I'll throw in for the raffle now, but if I win I want you to keep it for Mattea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I just got your name from my Aunt Dianna. (Windmill Water) I am so sorry we didn't know about your Pancake breakfast sooner... I love this quilt that you made. I am not sure how much the materials and time cost you, however if you are intersted I would love to pay you for one. I know you have a house full of children so you don't have to say yes.

    I am awed by your huge heart. I will keep you and your Family and Mattea in my prayers!

    About the quilt....If you are interested or able you can reach me at 286.9395 or by email Thepinklimosine@aol.com

    ReplyDelete