27 September, 2008

Ramblings...

I've been sick with a bad cold all week, probably heading for my annual sinus infection, ugh. I did work an overtime shift last night, which was great for the adoption fund but probably not the best idea for my health. So I crossed myself off as unavailable tonight.
I am in a funny space, this waiting space, after all the rushing around of the past couple of months. I am anxious for news, bummed out when I don't get any, and worried about the rest of our fundraising.
I started advertising yesterday for our pancake breakfast and silent auction benefit that we are having on October 11th here in Edgewood. Smith's grocery store has already donated the pancake mix, enough for about 150 or 200 people! Wouldn't that be awesome if we have that kind of turnout?! And some of the local businesses are donating items for the auction too. I will go out again on Monday to hang some more posters and see how many more donations I can find. Serena and my Mom are also donating some handmade items. The whole thing still seems a little overwhelming, but it is coming together a little at a time. The local papers are going to advertise it for us, and now all I need is a few people to help out on that Saturday and we should be good to go.
I am hoping for news from our agency on where everything is at...
On the homefront, Onnolee is now walking all over the house. She is too cute about it too. I ordered a cord for my camcorder the other day, so one of my new "to do's" is to learn how to put video on my blog so you can see how cute she is.
Estuardo is busy busy busy all the time. He is talking up a blue streak, learning many new words every day. It's nice to have a real conversation with him. He has discovered candy...my fault...and thinks it's a dietary staple now, and gets very mad when I say no. He does a wonderful frog imitation hopping on all 4's, and coffee tables were meant to jump off of.
Marisol is adjusting well to school, despite the fact that she as a new teacher and a new aide to get used to. It will be hard to top the ones she had last year, but so far she seems to be doing well. Kory and Jesse are doing well in school too. Jesse brought home his first "paycheck" from his job training at school and he was very proud.
Stew and I are both back at school, online University of Phoenix, working on our Master's Degrees. It is challenging to find the time and energy to write papers each weekend but I enjoy the brain exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get feeling better, Lou. Sounds like you've been so busy. It's nice to feel like I'm learning more about your family. Good luck on the fundraiser.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all you have with all that's going on is a cold? I'd be catatonic! Hope you're already better and thanks for the updates on all the kids. Hopefully the fundraising will continue to surprise you in a happy way and you'll hear some positive news about Mattea soon!

    ReplyDelete