12 October, 2008

25 hours later

We had our pancake breakfast on Saturday. Unfortunately we were competing with the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque as well as the Pinto Bean Festival in Moriarty, plus it was raining! But we had a few faithful attendees and we are VERY grateful to those who attended as well as to the MANY local businesses who donated food, eating utensils, and many generous gifts and gift certificates for our silent auction. We were able to add a couple hundred dollars to Mattea's fund but more than that we got to know our little town a lot better.
We all came home Saturday afternoon VERY exhausted, and I think every one of us took a 2 hour nap. We ordered out pizza for dinner, and a few minutes after we turned on the TV to relax, a tornado warning flashed across the screen. It was the first one we have seen for our area since we moved to Albuquerque 3 years ago. Then a few minutes later, our power flickered off... Thank goodness, the tornado did not touch down near our home, BUT it took down 6 power lines in Edgewood. 25 hours later, our lights are finally back on. It is very humbling to be without power for a day. I just thank God it was nothing worse.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the power being out. Your word'humbling' caught my eye--I hadn't thought of it that way but I know I am SOOO dependent on electricity. I am hoping to hear good news about dossier being submitted this week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you all are safe! That is most important, isn't it?

    Trusting God to meet all your needs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that turned out alright for you. I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately. And for all the delays in bringing Mattea home. After having met so many good people locally, do you still think you'll be heading for Idaho?

    ReplyDelete