06 March, 2009

One Year Ago

I searched and searched my files on this laptop, this is the only photo I have on it of our sweet little Breanna Arielle. Then I remembered, this laptop arrived last year on my doorstep on the day of her funeral.
Tuesday was the one-year anniversary of the day she went Home.
Roberta commented---
"I have to say that this week's been sort of sad for me, thinking about the anniversary of Bre's passing on Tuesday. I think about her and all of you so much, I wish she could have been here to feel all the new life and excitement in the house. "
I agree, Roberta, I wish she could have hung around a little longer. I think she and Mattea would have gotten along super. And she did love the birthdays...Hers is in 3 weeks. I will have to go digging through my CDs for some more pics to post before then.

6 comments:

  1. Many hugs to you, my friend... I wish all the little ones that go Home early could stick around and share their joy longer... But I'm so glad that you had one another for the time you did. I'm sure Bri and Mattea would have been great playmates as well.

    I would love to see more pictures of your special angel when you find them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how interesting-- when I posted that comment (sorry to leave two!) the 'word' that I had to type in to leave the comment was "gracce".. how appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs today! It is a joyful picture of your girl, wish I had known her too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what day that picture was. It always brings tears to my eyes. It's the picture I keep on my computer always, too. Breanna gave me faith to leap in God's name for her comfort and I'll always be grateful to her for that opportunity and what I learned from the experience.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou,
    I really cannot imagine the passing of a child. I so admire your courage to continue with life and add more little sweeties to your home. Your girlie looks great with extra pounds (much better than I do with extra pounds :) :) And the birthday pictures and boot pictures . . . too cute! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for a pain free day with lots of happy memories of your angel. I know you are missing her.

    Theresa
    Rockledge, FL

    ReplyDelete