24 October, 2009

It happened Accord-ing to the way it was supposed to

Well...I had these pipe-dreams of a superfine luxury car.
Little by little I got humbled to the point, yesterday afternoon, when I began to wonder if I would have any car at all or a $500 beater car. From the kids' surgeries during the summer to the car accident to us all taking turns with the H1N1, I missed a lot of work, and I was late to pay on one too many bills, so my credit score really took a nosedive. We waited and waited and waited on gap insurance to finish paying off the totalled van so I could buy a new car, but by yesterday, Carmax couldn't even get me financed without a huge downpayment and 25% interest, so I reached the lowest of lows and came home thinking my husband was going to be driving me to work for the rest of my life. I even scoured Craigslist for a beater car I could pay cash for.
But today was another day. For the 15th time, a salesman from the Honda dealership called me wanting to know if I was still interested in a new car. After yesterday's escapades, I shrugged my shoulders and told him he was totally welcome to see if he could get me approved. Pretty sure he was wasting his time, I went about my morning and halfway forgot about it. A couple of hours later, my cell phone rang and it was him...He said he had some good news. I was approved for financing! We were there in less than half an hour and much to my absolute surprise he led me over to a brand new 2009 Honda Accord!!! And I totally LOVE it!!! One scary, unfortunate chapter in my life has FINALLY come to a close. With an unexpected happy ending.

2 comments: