06 October, 2009

What's been happening in our world

Just to kind of let you know what is going on in our world
Lou's daughter had a heart operation the end of September and Lou went up for a few days to help out and her daughter made out very well.
then October got here and things have been a mad house. I got a very bad sinus infection and have been dealing with that, no fun at all.
The rest of the family is dealing with strep throat and all that fun
Lou went for an interview that we are waiting to hear back from and that could really make things interesting for a while.
I have dropped out of UOP because of issues with the college and getting my degree in my time frame. They still haven't gotten me my withdraw info so I can't get out of the college just yet. May have to get my lawyer in on the deal to get me out of there.
I have found a new college and new degree in mental health counseling that sounds interesting that I may go into as when I am done and if I pass the license test I could be my own boss and set my own hours.
Lou is thinking about it also but who knows if she will switch right now but it would be nice to be able to have the same time off if we wanted to do something for say a few weeks at a time.
The kids are getting into their school stuff, Marisol totally likes the blind school she is going to as she is home maybe two days a week and tells us almost nothing about what goes on there. Kory is finding that real schools hand out home work that teachers expect to be done.
Esturado totally likes his school and is leaning so much that it is fun to see what he has learned come out at home. Mattea and Onni have been home sick for the last two weeks but they both like school so that is good.
Me I am getting ready for the trip to SLC towards the end of the month so Kory's leg can be checked out as to how the operation they did this summer is coming along. We will leave in the afternoon on one day and dad will drive all night so we get there for the next day's appointment and then drive home that same day. It is a short 12 hours each way and if the weather is nice isn't that bad but if the weather isn't nice it is a long drive.
Well I guess I have chewed on your ear long enough that you have some idea of how boring things have been since Lou last updated you. Now maybe she will find time to correct my errors and post some pics. Ha Ha

1 comment:

  1. I can just see you and Stew together doing mental health counseling! How ideal! I think you're both making a wonderful choice, you've so much to give. And if you two can't teach coping skills by virtue of example, no one can, ever!

    ReplyDelete