14 November, 2007

A lot going on...

November is keeping me very busy! No new news on the adoption front, just counting the minutes until I see my sweet baby girl again on Thursday. On the homefront, whereas we were formerly homeschooling all the kids, due to our chaotic lifestyle and a certain child's inability to stay on task etc, we decided to enroll Kory, Jesse, and Marisol in public school. Kory started last week, and after a few behavior issues were addressed, he seems to be doing fantastic, and is easily able to keep up in a regular fifth grade classroom. Marisol started today (Tuesday) in a regular second grade classroom with accomodations for her blindness, and she was one excited girl. The other kids in both classrooms seemed genuinely excited to have them there, which was a big surprise for Kory. Jesse won't start until after his educational planning meeting which hasn't been scheduled yet, but he was superhappy to hear that he will be able to have a paying "job" at school as part of his adult living skills training. He's already planning to take us all out to dinner.
Meanwhile, the house looks like a cyclone hit. Stew has been busy ripping carpet out of the kids' rooms and laying tile flooring. I had started cleaning in preparation for the Thanksgiving arrival of my daughter and her family, and my mother, when I decided to go on the visit trip to Guatemala this week. This will leave a matter of only a few hours of available time next week to get the whole house clean. I am hoping that the men in my life will at least start the process while I am gone, but I have realistic expectations. I already warned the visitors that the hosue might be a mess.
Plus, my college math class starts today and I haven't even been on the University of Phoenix website in over a month---burnout. Algebra spilling off the edges of my full plate...

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that the kids are feeling great about public school. Things have changed SO MUCH in the past 20 years. I would make a joke about you now having "free" time on your hands, but that would just be CRUEL!

    <3 to you and all. Give Serena a kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete