27 July, 2008

Another gem of a stone, and hope...

Well, I've been carrying around a stuck kidney stone for almost a month now---just like they promised at the ER..."Sometimes they can take a whole month..." and wouldn't you know, it waited until I was on my week-long vacation out of state to decide to act up and jiggle around and torture me for two whole days. And finally, it came to pass! Goodness, it was huge, bigger than the one I posted about a few months ago. I am definitely going on the kidney stone diet. I can't be doing that any more. It was awful!!!
BUT, on a positive, optimistic note, I am waiting for news on the possibility of adopting a little boy from Ukraine, and may possibly have more definite word tomorrow or the next day. The last email I got sounded hopeful...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm spilling the kidney beans here: Dan has 3 2mm stones in his left kidney, two about to pop into his ureter. We know this because he's, for the first time ever, sporting 2 5mm stones in his right ureter. This time is devastating, a lot of blood, infection, pain meds and antibiotics, CT scans and so much missed work and pain that depression has set in. So more appointments are set and this time it looks like he'd better take the lower protein, low oxalate diet seriously, and maybe even take the Urocit K he's been supposed to be on these past 14 years. I'm sure he's on your side when it comes to the relief of getting them out. I'm pretty upset to see his right kidney join the act.

    Did you know I have ancestors from the Ukraine? I hope you have some word soon, some of those kids could be my blood relatives!

    ReplyDelete