16 July, 2008

The other half of this group

Well as my wife said I freaked when I found that I had totally misread the date of my departure to NY and thank goodness things worked out.
Since I have joined this crazy group things have been just that crazy. I have gone from not knowing very much about handicap kids to one who wades in and gets things done. Bre taught me that and that you can love and be loved no matter what life has thrown your way.
Yes we are at it again and this had better be the last time as I am getting to old for this! I am starting my Masters degree at the end of this month looking for work and now house hunting and still need time to have a birthday party for one of the kids that I might miss because of things. Oh well no one ever said life would be dull with this family and all we have to do and go through in this life.
Some of the kids are real stinkers then they do something really nice and ruin it all. But you are so glad that they do it because it gives you the desire to keep banging your head against the wall to help them grow as you grow right along with them.
The last two little guys are the ones who dad just enjoys to the max and then we have the older ones who have grown so much in the last four years and still have some growing to do. When you can see change for the good it is so special that you just can't give up on them or you.
My wife is the most special person I have ever known and only hope some of her values have rubbed off on me and that we can pass them on to our kids.
In this life you reach out and grab some of it or just let it pass you by it our choice and if by chance you pickup a few of what the whole calls handicap kids you are the better for the journey and all that it will teach you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daddio! It's so great to see you post!

    I think kids teach us that there's only so much planning and preparation you can do, that you can always expect the unexpected, so your best bet is to get all Existential, take it all as it comes, go with the flow. When the highs are high, revel in them. When the lows are there, reflect, everything stops, you take the time to live in the moment, realizing that the moment is really all you have anyway. Reprioritizing all the time.

    Have a safe flight to NY. Good luck with the scholastic gymnastics.

    I know we've never met, but we both love a very remarkable woman. Don't be surprised if someday you find me at your door with an overnight bag containing everything I own, and my heart in my hand. Throw a pillow in the bathtub and we'll call it my room.

    Love to you, Lou and all your wonderful children.

    ReplyDelete