25 July, 2008

Vacation

We've been away from home for a week, and are headed back to Edgewood this morning for a ten to twelve hour drive. We've all been passing around a stomach viruse the whole time, so it hasn't been all fun, but we did get our visiting in and a trip to Idaho---more details on that later. Jesse had his eighteenth birthday party yesterday at Serena's house complete with lots of water in the backyard and twelve cans of silly string. He had a great time. I will post pics as soon as Serena sends me a copy on a CD.
The last word this week on adopting either David or one of the other two boys is a hopeful "maybe." I am expecting a more definitive answer on Monday or so, and I will post as soon as I am sure. I have gotten two emails now from USCIS passing my questions on to a higher level, so this Hague stuff is confusing even for them. I just wish we would have found David last year. Oh well, it will be interesting to see what God's plan is this time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jesse is 18 already, and such a ladies man! It's been a heck of double decade, hasn't it?!

    Happy Birthday, Jesse!

    I hope you're all feeling better by now. This year it seems like everyone I know is sicker during the summer.

    I'm off to read the next post!

    ReplyDelete