21 July, 2008

Chillin'...

Well, I have not been able to find out any definite information from USCIS concerning our paperwork. Due to the new Hague requirements, we are probably not going to be able to adopt David after all. It breaks my heart as his little face is already imprinted in my mind. He so badly needs a home and a family to love him, and I was really hoping it could be us.
There are two other little boys from a non-Hague country, and Reece's Rainbow is trying to find out if we would be able to adopt one of them.
I am waiting and praying.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. If you do not mind--What Hague requirements could prevent you from adopting? I thought Hague was in place to help international adoption to be more ethical. What gives? BTW, Your kids are so cute! I popped over from the Reeces site. I really want to adopt a special needs kid-too. My husband does not. We are in a battle of wills. God bless you along the way with your next adoption!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. It's so unfair, but obviously cannot be God's will, maybe another family for David is what His plan is. I know you'll bring home the child that God sees fit to be with you. And your hearts will be as there for him as they would have been for David. Really. Hang in there. And phooey on Hague.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked in on you in a couple of weeks. How did David's adoption come about? Was it international? It may be in older posts, and I will read them. Hope it works out if it is God's intention. Cheri

    ReplyDelete