24 January, 2009

The middle of the night

We both have been waking routinely around 4 or 5 a.m. Sometimes Mattea goes back to sleep and sometimes not. So far this morning, not. She got her once-every-three-days diuretic last evening, though, and woke up soaking wet. I think I am going to start giving that one to her during the day...
Spaghetti last night was a happy-dance hit! I think there will be no problem transitioning her to American food. She just needs to learn how to chew.
My homesickness has receded a little. Today we will concentrate on cleaning the apartment as we may possibly be leaving on the night train on Monday. (Come on, passport!) In a few hours I will start our pot of chicken soup.

4 comments:

  1. Once every three days? Is that odd? I guess she would be completely soaked!! Hope you get that passport Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, I'm glad she liked the spaghetti. I'm just curious whether the orphanage gave you the needed medication, or whether they gave you a prescription and you had to pick it up at a pharmacy? Do you just continue it at home until you see a doctor?

    I haven't had to deal with this issue so I'm wondering. Also I know how lonely it can be alone there so I'm just chatting :)
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. schoomother
    yes they gave Lou some meds and prescriptions to fill which Lou has done.
    One thing more you will be suprised at the prices compared to here in the US
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog...I look forward to reading what you have to say when you have time :)

    ReplyDelete