24 January, 2009

So we will eat...

Busted!!! Mattea in the potting soil...
(hey, you can see her cute little piggies in this one...)
Just a few random faces...









We tossed and turned and slept a few hours last night and I woke up in a little better spirit. So I decided to cook. We walked to the supermarket and tried to find the ingredients for spaghetti and for chicken soup. Here's what we came home with---
The package of sausage (?) was an impulse buy for sure, as I have no idea what it is. It sounded out to be something like kielbasa, so I took a chance. In front of the fusilli is 2 chicken leg quarters fresh from behind the counter. The little box is tomato paste. I really wanted some canned tomatoes but the only ones I saw were in jars with what looked like pickling spices so I finally found the paste. The ground meat has a picture of a cow and a pig on it so I am assuming it is pork and beef. I got a small carrot this time. Some of the carrots are as big around as potatoes, they are huge! The one thing I could not find was celery for the chicken soup. So we will make do with this, and today we cook. I hope Mattea likes spaghetti!
Here's the stove at lunchtime. The sausage was pretty tasty, and the spaghetti sauce will cook for awhile longer. I cut one of the sausages up into tiny pieces along with some peppers and onions, then mixed it with broken bread and some warm milk for Mattea, and she did her happy dance!







7 comments:

  1. I love little O's attraction to gardening and her desire to learn more about her enviornment!
    We are eating pizza tonight, wish you were cooking for us! We got corn on our "chicken hawaiian" pizza! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tasty! You wanna stick around til we get there?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures and detail are great! I definitely can relate to shopping trips not really knowing what I was getting. I tried making spaghetti with some very 'different' red-colord sauce. I don't know what it was. It did have a tomato base!! Come, passport, come!!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good to me, we never cooked in Ukraine, so we did nto get to experience that part of the journey. I love Mattea's pictures, she is such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is SO cute!! I love that face she is making in the 2nd picture. Also, she's pretty styling...great clothes!

    Jaimie (RR)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh, got caught...hehe. She sure is beautiful. The food looks good, I think I'd be doing a happy dance too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That potting soil picture is a CLASSIC! Good job getting that one! LOL Sometime you have GOT to get a video of the happy dance! :o)

    ReplyDelete