20 January, 2009

Passport paperwork...

We spent ALL DAY either in the van or waiting in offices...I was so stir crazy and homesick by the end of the day that I couldn' stand myself. Skype is awesome. It was so good to see everyone at home, and it really helped to cheer me up. So our passport paperwork is on its way to Kyiv to be processed, then the passport will be sent back here to Odesa, then WE will travel to Kyiv. There is a very slim chance it could get back Friday, but they were more hopeful for Monday or Tuesday, with no promises for that either. So...we shall see. I am still hopeful to be home by the end of next week.
Mattea has been wonderful. She had her first bath tonight, and she LOVED it!!! I was somehow expecting her to scream or be afraid, but she started splashing the minute she hit the water and played till it got cold. Now she smells like baby lavendar, and tonight she fell fast asleep almost as soon as she laid down on the bed.
The next few days should be little easier as all we have to do is hang out or go shopping!

7 comments:

  1. I think Mattea will experience all her first with eagerness and enjoyment (like her bath.) She knows her Mama is doing all this stuff with her now and she is lovin' the attention! God is blessing you, and I love seeing each small miracle!!! Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the bath went well. Lou, I know it is really hard to be away from your family. Please know lots of people are praying for you.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so tickled when I read about Mattea and all her firsts with you! God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lou I am just getting caught up... Mattea looks wonderful! I am saying lots of prayers that the passport comes through quickly and you can be home asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still praying for Friday so we can see you too in Kyiv! I know I am so selfish...I love that "just bathed smell" so glad she does too! You're doing fabulous mom!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou, ah the waiting in cars and offices, not so fond memories there. I am so excited that you have Mattea with you though, and loving a bath, wonderful, both my girls hated their first baths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so wonderful to hear your story as it unfolds! Mattea sounds so wonderful and I am so happy that you are enjoying her so much! She certainly sounds like a blessing! I remember each of my 3 Russian kids (adopted separately) were scared to take a bath and really resisted it. With each one, I had to scoop some of the water in my hand and put it on them so that they could feel that it was WARM! After that, there was no stopping them! Apparently, they had all had nothing but cold baths their whole lives! (And one was lucky that he got a bath at all!) All three LOVED baths for several weeks, until the newness wore off, but at least by that time they couldn't have been cleaner! Ha! Enjoy this special time that you have with your new beautiful daughter. It is a special time that you will always have together. God bless; Missy

    ReplyDelete