09 August, 2008

A decision

We are still waiting to hear whether or not the pieces will fall into place for us to adopt a 6-year-old little boy with Down Syndrome who is in Eastern Europe but so far it remains very unsure. Meantime, the director of Reece's Rainbow has presented us with this beautiful little girl. She is also 6 years old, and she, too has Down Syndrome and lives in Eastern Europe. However this little girl also has a life-threatening heart condition. Her future is uncertain especially without the medical care she would receive here in the United States. My heart is torn.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love little "O". She is beautiful! I pray you will get an snswer soon.
    Amy
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty clear you'll need some hefty resources to get her the best possible care, unless you know some way to get her extremely charitable doctoring. She's gorgeous. I wonder if, after losing Bre, you'd all be able to withstand another such loss. It's a heavy consideration, to love so deeply knowing the great possibility exists of having to say goodbye to such a young and innocent soul. I'm equally torn: My heart says I have to do something, my head says it's more than my heart can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God direct you in this decision.
    Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete