29 December, 2008

I don't post often as this is my wife's thing and I just do the home sitting thing most of the time. But we have been blessed so much with this adoption. First we got all the court stuff done while we where there for three weeks and the adoption was final 12-27-08. So Mattea is our little girl and now we have to get Lou back for 2-3 weeks to finish this process. Just when when we think we have reached the end of our ability to find money to keep going it falls out of the sky. Very humbling to say the least and helps us to understand that this little girl has been waiting almost 7 years for us to find her and bring her home and get her fixed so she can be all she can be in this life.
Will it be easy; no it will not as the operations alone will be stressful on all of us and most of all on the parent that is sitting there waiting for the surgeon to come out and let them know how it went. Then we have the process of Mattea getting used to a new home, language, operations and most of all hopefully being able to breath better and have a heart that works like it is supposed to.
I am looking to go back to work also and if I find a job which I hope I can doing engineering then Lou can have more time at home with the kids and that will make her happy. Me I just try and deal with things as they come like any old grump does but sometimes it still gets the best of me.
I will post sometime the trip there and back in our quest for Mattea but don't have the time yet.
stew

3 comments:

  1. I love to hear the hearts of fathers too! Praying that God provides a job for you to further his provision for your family! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS amazing the way that God provides isn't it!!?? We have been amazed beyond amazement. God continues to surprise us.
    Chris (another father)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stew! It's so good to see a post from you again!

    Argh, my comment was lost in the ozone somewhere!

    Congratulations on Mattea's adoption finalization! Lou's big heart and sincerity has always had a way of bringing out the best in people around her who are true. It's so nice to see folks opening their wallets with their hearts for Mattea, to make her life become a healthy, long and happy one. I sure know she'll get that in your home! I can't wait to see pictures of her there, surrounded by all her brothers and sisters in the way God meant for it to be.

    Have a Happy New Year! I know you will.

    Love Love Love

    ReplyDelete