08 December, 2008

We met our little girl!!!

We travelled all morning yesterday on a minivann through the country to Izmayl. It was a foggy, rainy day and we got here about 1:3o in the afternoon. Our little apartment is on the FOURTH floor, no elevator, so I am sure I will lose a few pounds before I get home.
The children are sleeping better at night now, except Onnolee wakes up at about 2 or 3 in the morning screaming for something to eat, so she has her first meal of the day and then goes back to sleep for several hours.
First thing this morning, we headed out to do initial paperwork and then to the orphanage. We spent about 15 minutes with the principal and then the physicians and before I knew it, our little precious Mattea Olena was being walked through the door. She is very tiny, looks to be about a size 3T, or maybe even smaller, and she will be 7 in May. She was very quiet and reserved but agreeable to sit in my lap on the floor. I shared a book with her and then a lollipop. Onnolee came right over to her to meet her, followed quickly by Estuardo, so they have given her their welcome too. We've only spend about 15 minutes with her so far, but we gave them the YES WE WANT HER, so her paperwork is now in process.
I am headed back over to spend some time with her this afternoon. Hopefully tonight, or tomorrow the latest, I will be back here with some pictures and maybe a video or two. But she is PRECIOUS!
We are hoping for a court date the middle of next week, and then we will fly back home for the holidays. Her 10-day wait leads right to the Ukrainian Christmas holiday, so I will not be able to come back until later in January to bring her home, but so far everything has gone smoothly. The few small hiccups we have had, have all resolved easily.

7 comments:

  1. Great news! I'm so glad you were finally able to hold your precious daughter!
    Kerry RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I've been so excited for you to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're very happy for you that you finally got to see your little girl-- we're looking forward to pictures.
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!!! I cannot wait to see the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great news, so happy for you guys :)

    if it makes you feel any better we're on the 4th floor too, there is an elevator but we don't dare use it, we got stuck in it one day and I about lost it - we take the stairs now :)

    ReplyDelete