13 December, 2008

What day is this anyway?

I stopped counting days on my blog posts, and sure enough, yesterday we forgot what day of the week it was! I would have sworn it was Thursday, but the laptop and the camera were saying it was Friday. No other way to find out, so Friday it was!
No big news today, really just checking in. I have pics but I will try to post them tomorrow as I have to work on a school project today and the photo downloads take about 15 minutes each.
I am still searching for the other Reece's Rainbow children. Most of the staff is gone for the weekend but on Monday I will get with the principal and hopefully I will have some luck then. I did get a few quick peeks into some of the classrooms today, a baby room and a room with what looked like 2-4 year olds. But the doors have quickly shut before I could identify anyone.
Stew is "home" sick with a stomach bug. We've been pretty lucky so far until today, and so far it's only him. The weather is cold and damp, kind of drizzly, but no snow here in Izmayl. We do fine with our coats and yes, they are always after us to make sure the babies have hats on.
We were supposed to go out shopping today for some souvenirs of Izmayl, but that's been postponed until Monday I think.

2 comments:

  1. When we were there, the magazine was closed on Mondays and that was where the interesting stuff was - at least to us. It is very hard to see any other children unless the director arranges it and pictures are only allowed if he says so - the exception is the staff and children in your child's groupa - they don't seem to mind if you are taking pictures to remember where she is from. - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doors were shut in Vorzel too, it was very hard tog et pictures of teh children, we were lucky that one groupa was always out in the main room when Kara was, but there were some adorable babies in the other room, and they forever shut that door when they saw me looking in.

    Can't wait to see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete